Thank You for your willingness to volunteer and be a part of a great cause to help Preemies of the Carolinas.
How does Inspirational Heart work?
Inspirational Hearts are given to mothers whose newborn infants have been admitted to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit. The fabric heart is worn against the mother’s skin so that the fabric absorbs the scent of the parents. The heart is placed with the baby in the isolette or crib so the mother is always with her child.
- Each family is given 2 hearts in a packet.
- 2 hearts are given so 24 hours later the mom can take home the 2nd heart and use it as a scent from the baby while at home
- Each set of hearts comes with a poem
- All projects must be complete in a non-smoking environment or home
- All hearts must be washed in unscented, non-dyed detergent
- Individual Preemie Packets are sent out nationwide to Parents of Preemies who contact this page.
Click Here to download the Inspirational Heart pattern.